Sunday 17 July 2011

Ant-ics

Rain has dampened play today and I'm home, getting my house in order like a good woman should.

Last weekend, the N8 folk ventured to Kiss the Sky for a few cocktails.  I had the green ones, that's all I know!  I will return for perhaps the blue ones next time.  I'm liking the venue a lot and at the point men in distasteful t-shirts or shoes turn up, we leave.  Early evenings are definitely best for a quiet green drink and some nice tunes.

In our quest to become Soho socialites (!!!!), off we went to the annual Soho Festival in St Anne's Gardens on Sunday.  What a bizarre but fun day it was too.  Although not a big square, the festival consisted of stalls, lovely food & drink, a palm-reader (who was apparently VERY accurate by all accounts), a great toilet (!!!), The Correspondents, various well dressed Soho characters and, the highlight of it all, Adam Ant doing a few acoustic numbers.  Imagine the sight if you turned up not knowing what was going on - a parrot painting competition, transvestites, a horn blowing competition, women with fruit on their head and the Ant.  You'd think you'd overdone the Piriton or something.  What a thought.

Mr Ant was on top form and looked well & happy, which made me happy. He was a favourite of mine when I was a teenager, as he was with so many other people.  I'm glad he's come out the other end of all the horrible things that have happened, and long may his recovery continue.  Looking forward to seeing a longer set & some films at the Phoenix Cinema in East Finchley in a few weeks.

On the day, we drank Prosecco and Pimms & Lemonade, ate Soho Mess (Eton mess but not!), bought some little things and enjoyed it all.  Roll on next year.  I hope it doesn't get more commercial as I like it as it is - small but perfectly formed.  The day finished off nicely with a coffee at Bar Italia...what could be better?

Brighton yesterday, a very wet & windy Brighton.  I got a haircut, ate nachos, drank rose', ate ice-cream at my once favourite ice-cream parlour, Scoop & Crumb, bought dome umbrellas and looked at the sea - briefly.  Also caught up with my favourite toddler - love to you Dolly.  Brighton doesn't feel the same these days but I'll always pop back.  Maybe when I get itchy feet in a decade or so, I'll go back....I've learnt never to say never in the past year.

Toodle Pip frock fans x

No comments:

Post a Comment