Sunday 27 November 2011

Your name's not down, you're not coming in......

Now, see this is what happens when you don't keep your blog up - too many goings on to write about.

Luckily being the Virgo, Office Manager type that I am, I've made a note on a pink post-it to remind me of where I've been and what I've been doing since I last wrote this.  Deep breath......

The week before last there was another Carnaby Street discount night.  You'll remember the last time I went to one, we ended up at the Pretty Green opening night and many a free glass of bubbly was consumed.  The idea of the evening is for all the shops in Carnaby Street to discount their wares by 20% and entice the general public to buy them.  What actually happens is the whole of London descends, purely for the fact that every shop has free drinks.  We nabbed our free mulled cider, mohito and rum punch, checked out the Quadrophenia exhibition (surprisingly very good) and finished off buying take-out cupcakes at the Hummingbird Bakery.  Roll on the next one!

Even bigger deep breath.....By chance I got given two free tickets to see Adam Ant at the Troxy on Sunday.  Lovely venue, hellish place to get to on a weekend with no transport running!  I'll not comment on the support bands, other than to say "Ann Summers eat your heart out".  Mr Ant, however, was a complete star.  It could have gone either way - it went the right way.  Not a fan of Goody Two Shoes, even though the delectable Mr Goddard made it sound bearable, but job well done sir!

Are you keeping up frock fans?

Thursday night saw the private view of the Punk & Beyond exhibition at the Signal Gallery.  Particularly liked the black & white photographs of Poly Styrene.  Extremely busy night with queues down the road apparently and people having to show email evidence before being allowed in.  The only famous folks I recognised were Gaye Advert, Billy Childish, Don Letts & Mark Keds but I'm sure the punks in the room would have known more.  The exhibition is on into December so check it out.

Finally and up-to-date now, today we headed to Primrose Hill Xmas Fayre.  Lunch in my favourite restaurant Trojka, followed by mulled cider at The Queens and consuming of yummy puddings.  I've never seen so many celebs in one place as today.  Only missing from the Primrose Hill gang was Jude Law & Ricky Gervais I think....oh and perhaps Gwen Stefani.  Paps - you had a field day today.

I've realised that every single I've been to above was free (well apart from lunch & cider in Primrose Hill anyway).  If it hadn't been done already, I'd write a book about how to have fun in London and not spend a penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment