Sunday 6 November 2011

Eastenders.....

The past week saw my first week of self-employment meaning more time for fun...which was the point of my self-employment in the first place.

Inbetween finding new clients and having meetings, I managed to have a lovely day with visiting friends who showed me the delights of Exmouth Market and the surrounding area.  I can't actually believe I had never been to that part of London before but now I know it's there, I'll be back.

We started off having brunch in Caravan (http://caravanonexmouth.co.uk/) which I loved.  It had an almost scandinavian feel about it, with big wooden tables, and people working on laptops.  I had creamy soy mushrooms on sourdough bread which were scrummy.  I feel I should probably make it my mission to try out the rest of the menu sometime very soon.

Exmouth Market had a nice feel about it - lots of interesting little shops and places to eat.  I can imagine it's a nice place to work so perhaps I'll target those interesting shops for work opportunities.

Next stop was the gorgeous old Jerusalem Tavern in Clerkenwell (http://www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk/london/history.htm).  A bizarre place founded in apparently the 12th Century.  Although it looked as though the only people that might drop in would be one old man and a dog, it's obviously very popular and filled up quickly, despite only just opening up.  Although I didn't feel anything strange in the pub, I can imagine it has it's fair share of hauntings!

Look Mum No Hands next (http://www.lookmumnohands.com/) in Old Street.  If you walked past this place and didn't actually know about it, you could think it was just a bicycle repair shop.  It is (and sells bikes I think) but is much more than that.  There's a cafe', a beer garden and a noticeboard full of flyers for events they're holding.  The food was fantastic and I enjoyed my Goats Cheese & Butternut Squash homemade pie with salad.  It seemed to be a popular lunch venue so don't be surprised if you don't get a table straight away.

Final stop, cake at Drink, Shop, Do (www.drinkshopdo.com) in Kings Cross.

I'm sure it looks as if all I do is eat and drink...probably true in reality.  I'm considering changing the name of this blog to Pies & Me very soon.

In other news....Friday night saw a special night at the Society Club Shop & a preview of the "We Can Be Heroes" book that will be published shortly.  The book's about the club scene in the 80s and full of gorgeous pics of the Blitz Kids and all those connected with that scene particularly.  Lots of interesting folk with an interesting past turned up and a few familiar faces.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment