Sunday 9 October 2011

The times they are a changing

Good Morning Frock Fans!

I can't believe it's been so long since I wrote on here.  The ever-continuing back problems have rather got in the way, as well as some big changes which I'll be rambling about.

I've had a birthday since you heard from me last.  I am now officially middle-aged and am considering stocking up on Tena Lady and booking myself on a Saga holiday next year.  Am I hell!  I don't think I'm ready to retire quite yet so don't expect to see me wearing tan tights up the bingo hall quite yet kids!

So, what's been happening?  Soho Society Film Club is back and I'm so glad it is.  Over the past few weeks, I've been to some great nights showing great 50s/60s footage as always, and a fascinating talk by Jack Kerouac's once partner, Carolyn Cassady.  She's such a character, the same age as my Gran, but smokes like a chimney and partied later than the rest of us in the roof terrace bar. 

The Society Club Shop is now up and running in Ingestre Street, W1.  We had a lovely hour there one morning, drinking Earl Grey from proper china teacups, looking through all the great books and loving meeting the interesting folk that drop by.  I'm hoping that anyone reading this will support the shop - you'll love it and you never know who you might meet.  They've started to put on events and there's a great exhibition of biker photos on at the moment - check it out.  www.thesocietyclub.com

So....my big news is that I've resigned from my job.  This could be the worst mistake I've ever made in my life but possibly the best thing I've ever done.  Time will tell.  I want to be more flexible with my working hours and with what I do, when.  My website is up and running (www.cathenglish.co.uk) and I'm on a self-marketing mission.  From 1 November, I'm going to be offering freelance services to creative companies/individuals, helping them with paperwork/finances/events etc. etc.  I'm a trier if nothing else and I've already had some interest from people.  I'm determined to make this work.  I want to work for interesting people, be a lady that lunches (when she wants to), work early, finish early....and I will.  Watch this space.....and also send any potential work my way eh???

I've got a very uninteresting afternoon of household chores today so just to cheer myself up before that - here's a picture of some cake!  Maison Bertaux - I love you!  (www.maisonbertaux.com)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment