Sunday 25 November 2012

Movember goings on.....

Greetings Frock Fans!

I havn't grown a moustache for Movember but well done to those that have.  I saw a particularly spiffing example at work the other day.  I would've taken a photo for the blog but thought it a tad rude!

This month seems to have flown by - with me working hard but then playing hard to make up for that.

Last Thursday saw another "Carnaby Street Discount Night".  Yes folks, you know the one - where everyone goes and spends their money on things they don't really need.  As I've mentioned before, if truth be known, everyone actually goes to see what they can get for free....well that's what we did anyway.  Champagne in the Levi Store, Beer in Ben Sherman, more champagne in the Levi Store, and red wine thanks to lovely Andy Lewis (old friend, musician, dj, and he of Paul Weller band fame).  We listened to some good music courtesy of said friend in the Pretty Green shop, tried to avoid the midget handing out sweets in a suspicious manner, and went into shops we wouldn't normally go in to get more free things! A trip to new favourite place, Trisha's, afterwards, where alsorts of interesting folk were out.....definite gangsters, definite prostitutes, and us.  Never a dull moment in Trishas.  Finishing up in Bar Italia for coffee & cake, a fun Thursday had been had.....and not a single penny spent.

A disappointing Saturday in Crouch End at a couple of "pop up markets".  I'm allowed to complain after having gone to vintage markets for many a moon and having earnt my "vintage stripes".  Firstly to a pop up craft market which consisted of 3 stalls.  This is not good Crouch End.  I've also noticed being back in North London that there is no sense of urgency by stall-holders at these markets - if something is meant to start at a certain time, everything should be ready at that time.....I can't be doing with late comers - things to do, people to see....and in the 15 mins you're late, you've lost out on my custom & my money.  Next to a vintage fair over the road, in a basement of a pub which was so dark that you couldn't see anything.  I found one dress that I could figure out was yellow (in the darkness), took it upstairs and found it was covered in stains.  This just isn't good enough guys.  Sort it out or people like me will be advertising your rubbish-ness on social media sites.

Finally, on this week's social calendar - a nostalgic night out to see The Lambrettas and Secret Affair.  I think I must have been out when The Lambrettas were around in the mod revival years or else I've got a mental block on their records - I only remember two of them!  As anyone who knows me or reads this knows, Secret Affair were the first band I ever saw....in 1980 or so at Chippenham Gold-diggers....they were the start of my mod years.....thanks to them I donned ski-pants & anoraks for many a moon!!!!  Good to hear all the old stuff again, plus a few covers....have a dance & a cider or two.  The gig was ruined a bit however by old bald annoyances who insisted on pushing and shoving when "Time for Action" came on.  Dear old baldies - you are no longer 16 & if you knock me over...ever....you will require new testicles.  Consider this your warning.  Love Cath.  I can't be doing with all the "We are the Mods" stuff either but I knew it would happen.  Anyways, a good night and "Glory Boys" still sends shivers down my spine - memories of a time past.

Bye for now Frock Fans.  Only another 5 days of moustache growing and then you can shave it off again!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment