Monday 2 May 2011

Royals and me

Dear nation.  We put on a good party on Friday, don't you think?

On Friday 29 April 2011, the world watched as two royal folk got wed.  I've never seen a wedding invoke such feeling - both good & bad - on Facebook.  As this is my blog and these are my views, that's what you're getting.  Don't rain on my parade - I had a great day!

We'd hoped to go to the Leonard St Street Party in Shoreditch but arriving to the sight of probably a few hundred people queuing several times round the block, we went for Plan B instead and ended up in the Old Blue Last where we watched the wedding vows on a plasma tv and downed a bottle of Prosecco.
The sun shone on Friday and it was so lovely to see the whole of London smiling.  At the end of the day, everyone loves a bit of romance don't they?  I loved the fact the married couple left in an old Aston Martin with "Just Wed" on the number-plate and I loved the smile on the bride's face.  How anyone could get angry about the day is beyond me.  I'm glad I was in London for the wedding.  It might not not have felt the same anywhere else.

After Prosecco - lunch in Fika, the swedish cafe' in Brick Lane, lots of trying on of shoes that didn't fit me, the buying of beigals, and a quick look round the East End Photography Exhibition at Spitalfields.  I know it's good for the tourist industry and all that but I really don't like what they've done to Spitalfields.  The atmosphere seems to have gone and to be honest, I'd rather have a rummage through a pile of junk in the street in Brick Lane.  You can keep your candles and your joss sticks.

On Saturday, we did a stall at the Can't Buy Me Love vintage market which I've possibly mentioned a few times in this blog and on Facebook.  The little market is held on the last Saturday in the month, at the Boogaloo on Archway Road, Highgate.  We did our stall indoors and were luckily situated opposite my favourite cake ladies...which was handy...obviously.  I deliberately didn't buy anything as the aim of the day was to make money rather then spend it but next time, if it's there.....this hat will be mine!

Last night I went dancing....well not much dancing...but some drinking of rose' and chatting.....at Boom Shaka Lacka in Soho.  Following this, I will give you all a bit of advice readers - 2 large glasses of rose' are fine - 3 are not!

And with the smell of freshly baked Quiche wafting out my kitchen, I will be off x

No comments:

Post a Comment