Sunday 22 May 2011

We've gone on holiday by mistake!

It's been a pretty crazy week really.  I'm embracing being back in London by going to as many things as possible, as often as possible!  Winter will be here before we know it and I'll go into hibernation but right now, the sun is shining and there are things to be done.

Monday means Society Film Club night.  This week was Withnail and I.  I'd forgotten how hilariously funny the film was and how pretty Paul McGann was.  It's the sign of a good, timeless film, when you can honestly say you love every single character in it. 

I love "spur of the moment" goings on and Thursday night turned into one of them.  Carnaby Street had a special 20% discount night going on, with all the shops, bars etc. staying open late, djs playing and free drinks aplenty.  Eddie Piller & Johnny Owen were playing a few tunes in the Pretty Green shop so we grabbed our freebies and consumed them on the beanbags opposite.  An hour in Carnaby Street and we managed to obtain 2 glasses of yummy strawberry & lime swedish cider, a cocktail in Banana Republic, a mini ice-cream and some canapes.  We could have stayed all night, staggering home full of free booze at midnight but the lure of champagne at the Covent Garden Pretty Green store was too much to turn down.  We arrived to the sight of tons of Liam Gallagher fans waiting for him to turn up.  Thanks to Mr P, we got on the guestlist and avoided any queuing.  A funny old night - great tunes, constantly topped up glasses of champagne, more snacks and a goodie bag.  Everyone I know will be more than aware of the fact I never have been a fan of Mr Gallagher but he was pleasant to his fans, took time for photos & autographs and seemed genuinely quite nice, I'm happy to report.  So....all in all....I spent £2 and had a great time.  Thursday night SUCCESS!

Managed to get out the house in super-quick time this morning and made it to The Affordable Vintage Fair in Bethnal Green before most people had got out of bed and nabbed all the good stuff.  It was the first vintage fair in a while where I actually saw 60s folk.  I normally wonder why they're not there.  I found the coat of my dreams and it fitted.  I sort of hope it wasn't sold so I can reconsider getting it at payday!  I found a few things that I liked but nothing that was so spectacular I wanted to get it (apart from the coat of course).  My new rule is "don't buy anything that doesn't fit perfectly or you love" and I'm sticking to it.

A quick stroll round the Primrose Hill Fair finished off the weekend.  Regent's Park Road was full of the most amazing food stalls.....from Jamaican to Polish to Moroccan.  It was a hard decision but I went for the Polish Lunch Box (roast potatoes, polish sausage, cabbage salad and gherkins).  Yum!  It was so windy today that I was lucky my gherkins didn't blow away or get entangled in Gwen Stefani's hair - that sort of thing.  Well done stall-holders, your food kicked arse today!

Bye for now frock fans x

No comments:

Post a Comment