Thursday 9 June 2011

It's been a long time coming....

and Take II.  I've got over my strop from the other day and am hoping I don't lose a whole blog again because of some silly update on here.

So, where were we?  Oh yes, Monday nights mean Soho Film Club don't they?  A couple of weeks ago we went to a night called "Strip, Strip, Hooray" - a series of short films featuring the glamour model come actress, Pamela Green.  The said lovely lady only passed away last year but from a full room at The Sanctum, it'll be a long while before she's forgotten.  I loved seeing curvy women as I am one!  They made me realise that it's ok to have big boobs, big hips and a stomach....I forget that sometimes, so thank you Pamela and your buxom pals.  After the films, and a reading from her book, Trixie Malicious did a short striptease act which was strangely enjoyable and particularly funny when Mr Pereno got involved!  Apparently another lovely lady, Debbie Harry, popped in during the films.  I'm sad not to have noticed her but I'm sure she would have looked as fantastic as ever.

Looking through my diary, it seems I've visited a million and one vintage fairs since I last wrote a blog.  Can't Buy Me Love at The Boogaloo (soon to be a year old), Hampstead Vintage, NL Vintage, Pop Up Vintage in Crouch End, Bar Boot, Primrose Hill Vintage and the (possibly) last Wills Moody Rock & Roll Jumble Sale.

Out of those, I will always recommend Can't Buy Me Love, both the market and their shop in Muswell Hill.  Jet does a great job and I have no doubts that it'll continue for a long while to come.  Onwards & upwards Miss Payne!  I particularly enjoyed Hampstead Vintage Fair.  I think it was their first one and it was pretty impressive.  Some nice items, and some bargains amongst the expensive things.  I picked up a nice blue dress for a tenner.  Now that IS a bargain in my book!  Primrose Hill Vintage was another nice little trip out.  It was more 40s & 50s than 60s but once again, some nice items.  Prize for the best vintage day out though goes to Wills Moody.  I'm sad that I didn't get to more of them, having only moved back to London a little while ago and now they are no more at the lovely little social club in Euston.  There are rumours that the Lexington may be the next venue and here's hoping.  Anyways, I digress.....having been bought up on jumble sales, Wills Moody is definitely my thing.  5 mins in and I'd got 3 dresses, a top and a pair of shoes, all for £11. 

I think I may well have made it to the end of a blog entry without my damm Macbook losing it.  So, before it does, I'm off!  Have a lovely weekend readers! x

No comments:

Post a Comment