Sunday 26 February 2012

Ramblings due to a broken tv......

Today could be a day for going insane.  It seems there's a problem with the aerial on the roof, meaning no tv for me.  Anyone that knows me well, knows this is a serious matter!  Listening to the radio or watching things on the laptop just isn't the same.  I know it's unhealthy being addicted to rubbish tv but I'm afraid I am, and today is proving a difficult day!!!!!!  Is it time for bed yet?

So, what's been happening since my last blog?

I got good news.  My lease on the flat is being extended for another 18 months.  Having a landlord who moved to Canada for work meant never really knowing if he'd want to come back and live here, but apparently I'm a good tenant and can stay.  Crouch End - you're stuck with me.

With free time on my hands a bit more these days, I've decided to sign up with an Extras agency.  Not anticipating too much unless anyone is specifically looking for middle-aged woman with bright red hair but I guess you never know!  5 days on Brighton Rock gave me a taste for more extras work but the next time, I'm praying for clothes that fit me and don't make me look an absolute idiot.  Not too much to ask.  I went to the casting for The King of Soho (a film about Paul Raymond and starring Steve Coogan) but as I havn't heard yet, I'm not really expecting to now.  Perhaps the wardrobe department actually knew their stuff this time and realised that there weren't any women in the 60s with hair my colour!

Film club is definitely back on track with some great nights on again.  We went to see The Small World of Sammy Lee last week, a 60s film about a gambler in Soho - where else?  No visit to the roof terrace bar as planned as London Fashion Week folk had taken over.  You know it's London Fashion Week when you see people wearing Mickey Mouse ears as if it's a completely normal thing.  It isn't - please stop.

Back to Soho again on Wednesday to (another) launch of the We Can Be Heroes book about London Clubland 1976 - 1984.  An interesting night in the basement of the Sun & 13 Cantons on Beak Street.  Great little venue and the usual fascinating crowd turned up - Rusty Egan, Philip Salon, Mark Powell etc.  More exciting to me though was the fact that Adam Ant's hat-maker Mich Dulce turned up.  Very sweet she was too.  The book is beautiful and I'm wondering if a kindly Mother might buy it for me at some point for a birthday present!  I was too young to be part of the London club scene during the time the book covered.....except that I did visit the Wag Club in the early 80s, when it was a dark, dingy jazz club, full of people in black roll necks.  (I was one of those people).

I'm off to find a ladder and fix our tv aerial....or maybe just complain quite a bit on Facebook.  Ciao for now darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment