Sunday 29 April 2012

It's raining men....

or actually, just raining rain.  I wish I could add a "hallelujah" at the end of that but it just isn't appropriate.  It's rained for at least 3 years now and I've had enough.  My one "waterproof" coat isn't actually waterproof at all and my beloved dome umbrella has blown inside out, past repair.  I pray for a day when the sun shines and all is well with the world again.

Another short blog from me again this time round.  I've been working and trying not to spend money on things I don't really need to spend money on.  It's going to be an expensive month for various reasons so staying in has become the new going out....slightly.

I've been plugging away on the freelance front and have got some more clients.  Marketing is part of my daily routine still though until I have enough work to fill my week, every week, and I'm making enough to keep me in the manner to which I am accustomed!

In celebration of getting some new clients, I treated myself to a massage last weekend.  If I could, I'd go every week but that sort of thing is a long way off yet.  I go to a salon called Oxygene just down the road and they're great.  I sometimes feel for them having to work on my knotted shoulders (from years of bad posture).  They probably have to have a massage themselves afterwards!  Not sure if it's a sign of a good massage or not but this time round, I felt particularly light-headed when I left and couldn't find the exit!

All I've done apart from work I think is go out to eat a bit.  Since I wrote last, Hot Pepper Jelly and The Railway Tavern have been on the list.  I love Hot Pepper Jelly and it's obvious that the rest of Crouch End do too.  I havn't had a bad lunch there yet and I'm happy to say that the afters (particularly chocolate & guinness cake) are as good as the sandwiches.  And as for the Railway Tavern, gone are Jimi Mistry and Max & OB from Hollyoaks but the Sunday Roasts are a winner - todays pork, followed by Sticky Toffee Pudding and a side order of vicious cloudy cider went down a treat.

And with this episode of Cath -v- Food, I'm off.  Next time I will have more of interest to write about, with a trip to Brighton and a Bank Holiday Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment